I’m working on updating my About Me page. It’s been needing a refresh for a while so its time to buckle down and get it done. Stay tuned for that.
So many things that I need to get done at work this week. I’m also trying to make a list of all of the wedding things I need to tackle. It’s going to be such a busy week, I don’t even know if there will be time to eat.
To take body measurements. I’ve been eating much healthier, working out and drinking a lot more water lately. I also haven’t had any Pepsi in 29 days (this is huge!), but I haven’t seen any results on the scales. Measurements will help me stay motivated, and show progress, even when the scale doesn’t. The wedding is officially less than three months away and I neeeed to lose weight (or at least to slim down) to fit into that dress.
Jeans and a sweater. It has not been tropical around these parts for the past few days.
Stressed, yet motivated. I really really want to blog more, and to get my Etsy shop updated. It just always seems like there is never enough time in the day.
Having out on the couch with Jeff relaxing and watching The Catch. The perfect way to wind down after a very full and wonderful weekend of bbqs, family suppers, and our first backyard fire of the season.
Being surrounded by great family and friends. I know what its like to live very far away from your family. And ever since I’ve moved home from Alberta, I know what its like to live very far away from your best friends. Its been nearly five years but I’m finally starting to settle in and have a group of people around me.
A lot of things lately. I’m working on some new products for my shop, putting together a plan for our backyard (it needs to look great when everyone is around at wedding time), and working on a design for my cousin’s new rental property. I’ll be sure to share all of the things when I’m done 🙂
I know its not new, and totally last year, but every time it comes on the radio it gets stuck in my head.
This is going to be a very busy week at work, and outside of work. I’m working my butt off to get things ready for rowing season, aiming to launch the new products in my shop within the next few weeks, and hoping to post a little more regularly.
|“These guys don’t know how close to death they really are.” – Jeff|
|Finally sandal weather|
PS. I haven’t had a can of Pepsi in 8 days. Which is huge for an addict like me. Here’s to hoping the pounds start falling off.
Have you been super busy lately too? How did you spend Mother’s Day weekend?
|Throwback to my trip to Paris – 2013|
I’m a nervous flyer.
I haven’t always been.
In fact, in the beginning, when I was a child and teenager I loved it.
I’m not sure when exactly the change began to happen since its been kind of gradual.
I’m not sure why either.
I suppose I’ve been on some truly rough flights over the years. One of those being kind of traumatizing.
Or perhaps it’s because the older I get the more I think about mortality.
Death causes me great anxiety.
The past year or so I’ve been having mini panic attacks about it, sometimes frequently. I attribute the beginning of those attacks to following the Brittany Maynard story. I believe in someone’s right to die with dignity, I just can’t imagine choosing it.
Ever since she ended her life, and my anxiety about death began, my fear of flying has become significantly worst. Every time I get on a plane I’m struggling more and more to hold it together.
The entire time I’m on a plane I’m evaluating the sounds of the engines, my fingers are griping the seat every time the plane moves. If it gains or loses altitude I panic and wonder what’s wrong. And if there is turbulence I’m a wreck. It’s basically a flight long panic attack.
Last Tuesday Jeff decided to drive the 22 hours to Labrador City to spend a week with his family. A day later Jeffs family invited me to join them for the weekend. They booked me a flight for Friday after work (thanks Mark). I’d never been to Lab City before, and I love Jeffs family, so I was excited. But that nagging feeling in the pit of my stomach grew. Id have to get on a plane. Alone. With no one to distract me or hold my hand.
I wasn’t sure how I would survive the two flights to get there. So, I acquired some Ativan, just in case I needed it.
I hadn’t planned to take a pill. Unless I got on the plan and the panic consumed me and I had no other alternative. But, work was super busy, I was stressed the entire day. I never left work on time, and was convinced I would miss my flight. By the time I made it through security (after being randomly selected for a wand scan and a trip through the full body scanner) I was just a little on edge. And no amount of breaths could make it go away.
So I stuck the little pill under my tongue and prayed it worked and that I wouldn’t have any terrible side effects.
I’m writing this from the plane. So the verdict is still out until my second flight lands. But so far so good. The thoughts about why the plane is bouncing around, or losing or gaining altitude are still there, but no feelings of my stomach in my throat.
In the past I would never have been able to sit here and concentrate on writing this. And I never would have been able to take a minute to enjoy watching as we flew over Cow Head and Shallow Bay.
Look at those sandy beaches, too bad the water is never warm.
Update: Landing in Goose Bay was a piece of cake. Taking off out of there wasn’t too bad either. I had a few nervous moments, but they were mild compared to what they would have been. I made it the entire way to Wabush without any real moments of anxiety and it was such a relief.
2. Booties – I’m generally a heels kind of girl, but I’m having a bit of a love affair with cute booties these days. I’ve been having inflammation issues in my joints recently, and heels sometimes aggravate that. I’m trying to wear flat footwear from time to time, and sacrificing style for comfort is not something I’m a fan of so great looking options are super important. I bought this pair a few weeks ago, and I’ve had my eyes on these too.
3. Bracelet – I’d take this beauty in gold or silver. I love its simple style and the idea of being able to personalize it with a special date or name.
4. Lip Pencil – I’m kind of distraught that Bite changed their lipstick lines. I had collected a few mingles (smaller double ended sticks with a different color on each end) and planned to buy my favourite colors in full size. Now my fav shades no longer exist. But, these matte pencils seem to have a few shades similar to the ones I love. And I love Bite, so I’m not ready to give up on them yet.
5. Strappy Heels – I know that stilettos won’t be as popular a chunky heels this summer, but I love the look of these. I think they’d look great with a pair of ankle jeans. Plus I’m a sucker for a great pair of Steve Maddens.
6. Bed – Sometimes I can’t help but be a copy cat. When I visited Megan and Garrett a few summers ago I fell in love with their cozy guest room. It was small, but packed with style. When we went to Ikea I picked up the duvet cover and sheets like she had, but sadly I couldn’t fly the bed frame back from Edmonton. I haven’t given up on owning it. If only Ikea’s shipping costs weren’t more than the price of the bed frame.
7. Flat – When I went to Paris a few years ago I fell in love with a pair of Michael Kors flats at Galeries Lafayette. They were a gorgeous shade of purple and weren’t cheap. Since I had spotted them on one of the first days of my trip I wasn’t ready to commit to buying them. I wanted to wait until later in the trip when I knew I’d have enough money for them. But when we returned they were gone. I’ve never found another pair in a color I like that much, but I’m really liking these. You can’t go wrong with a great pair of black shoes.
8. Necklace – I’ve been dreaming of this necklace for years. Patiently awaiting the day that it would be totally appropriate to own. I love that it makes a bit of statement yet isn’t obnoxious. Can I own it in silver and gold? Hint Hint Jeffrey.
Of course this isn’t a complete list of everything I’m loving, that list could go on forever, and I don’t want to bore you. And clearly I have a thing for shoes. What are you lusting for?