I came across this idea on one of the blogs I follow on Bloglovin, Story of My Life. The challenge is to blog every single day in May, weekends included.
It’s kind of an intimidating challenge for me, because I don’t have the most interesting life, so I don’t always have a lot to say. But that’s the whole point of a challenge isn’t it? You’re supposed to push the limits.
So, I’m challenging you and me both, to blog every day in May. And Jenni at Story of My Life has made it a little easier for all of us by outlining the rules and coming up with some great topics for us to blog about. Most of the information below comes from Jenni, but I’ve tossed in a few points of my own.
Here are the rules:
1. There really aren’t any rules. If you miss a day, you can make it up or skip it. The blog police will not come knocking.
2. You are welcome to leave links to your posts in the comments of my posts for others to peruse if you wish.
3. I’d seriously love you if you also include a link to my blog either on your sidebar or at the end of your posts, but again, the blog police will not come knocking. My main goal here is to inspire some interesting posts, and help all of you who get writers block like me, not to gain a million new readers (though I wouldn’t mind that).
4. Here are the topics. You can be as creative and awesome or as boring and bland as you like with these. Take ’em and run with it. Use creative post titles. Interpret each “prompt” however you like. There’s no wrong way to do it. Have fun.
5. You don’t have to use the topics below, if you have something else you want to write about on a given day, that’s okay. And you know what else is okay? Blogging about the topics below AND the other things you want to write about. Yup, I’m talking multiple posts in one day people. BAM! That’s even more exciting.
Day 1, Wednesday: The story of your life in 250 words or less (or one paragraph… no one will be counting your words… probably)
Day 2, Thursday: Educate us on something you know alot about or are good at. Take any approach you’d like (serious and educational or funny and sarcastic)
Day 3, Friday: Things that make you uncomfortable
Day 4, Saturday: Favorite quote (from a person, from a book, etc) and why you love it
Day 5, Sunday: Publicly profess your love and devotion for one of your blogger friends. What makes them great? Why do you love them? If you don’t have blogger friends, talk about a real-life friend or even a family member
Day 6, Monday: If you couldn’t answer with your job, how would you answer the question, ‘what do you do’?
Day 7, Tuesday: The thing(s) you’re most afraid of
Day 8, Wednesday: A piece of advice you have for others. Anything at all.
Day 9, Thursday: A moment in your day (this can be just a photo or both a photo and words)
Day 10, Friday: Most embarrassing moment (s). Spill.
Day 11, Saturday: Sell yourself in 10 words or less
Day 12, Sunday: What do you miss? (a person, a thing, a place, a time of your life…)
Day 13, Monday: Issue a public apology. This can be as funny or as serious or as creative as you want it to be.
Day 14, Tuesday: Ten things that make you really happy
Day 15, Wednesday: A Day in the life (include photos from throughout your typical day – this could be “a photo an hour” if you’d like)
Day 16, Thursday: Something difficult about your “lot in life” and how you’re working to overcome it
Day 17, Friday: A favorite photo of yourself and why
Day 18, Saturday: Tell a story from your childhood. Dig deep and try to be descriptive about what you remember and how you felt.
Day 19, Sunday: Five of your favorite blogs and what you love about them
Day 20, Monday: Get real. Share something you’re struggling with right now.
Day 21, Tuesday: A list of links to your favorite posts in your archives
Day 22, Wednesday: Rant about something. Get up on your soapbox and tell us how you really feel. (a pet peeve, a current event, a controversial topic, something your husband or roommate or neighbor or boss does that really ticks you off)
Day 23, Thursday: Things you’ve learned that school won’t teach you
Day 24, Friday: Your top 3 worst traits
Day 25, Saturday: Something someone told you about yourself that you’ll never forget (good or bad)
Day 26, Sunday: Something you read online. Leave a link and discuss, if you’d like.
Day 27, Monday: A letter to your readers
Day 28, Tuesday: Only pictures
Day 29, Wednesday: Five songs or pieces of music that speak to you or bring back memories. Use Grooveshark or YouTube to include them in the post
Day 30, Thursday: React to this term: Letting Go
Day 31, Friday: A vivid memory
Will you join me WEDNESDAY, May 1st, to BLOG EVERY DAY IN MAY?! We can do this!