|Shameless summer selfie. Hat:Le Chateau, Shirt: Garage, Sunnies: Aldo similar|
I’m lying in bed right now. The only light in the room comes from the glow of my iPhone. The windy is whistling outside as snow beats against the windows. I’m bunkered down for a long winter nap.
We spent another great weekend at the cabin with my parents. We got up early and headed back to town today so J.W. could go on his annual snowmobile trip with his friends. Early rises on Sunday’s are not how we roll, and the drive back seemed longer than ever. We were cold and tired, but we made the best of it by stopping and taking some pictures of the ice along the shoreline. We’ve been admiring the way it has pushed towards shore and piled up. I’m over winter but I’ve got to admit that there’s something beautiful about it.
Let’s talk blogging, or at least the lack of it that has been happening around these parts for the past few months.
For most of 2014 I lost my motivation to put much effort into writing. I tried to push through, I really did, but in the end this place was basically abandoned. I thought about it often, daily even, but I guess I just didn’t care enough to clean up the cobwebs growing in the corners around here.
Twenty Fourteen was a mess of a year. There were certainly some good points, I got to throw Sarah a bachelorette party, stand by her side as she got married, visit Megan in Edmonton, and met an awesome guy. But as many highs as there were, there were substantially more lows. J screwed with my life again (and I let him), and after that I kind of spiraled, not in a drugs and alcohol sort of way, but I was being destructive when it came to my friendships. I did things and acted in ways that I am extremely not proud of, regretful and embarrassed about.
So, when my poor choices finally caught up to me, things were a little dark for a while and somedays (most days) I’m still dealing with that.
This past year I also became very frustrated with the progress (or lack there of) I was making around here. I put too much importance on the number of page views and followers I had and I got frustrated that this place didn’t become popular quickly like other blogs. I forgot about why I started this blog in the first place; to document and share my likes, wants, thoughts and experiences with others.
You’ll see a lot of new changes around here in the next while. New name, new design (I’m hoping to work with Erin from Two Thirds Hazel) and a lot more consistency from me. I want to get back to loving this place.
It may take me a little while to get back on track, but I hope you’ll stick around. Seriously, things can only get better from here.
Is it too late to start participating in Blogtober? Perhaps, but I’m gonna do it anyway.
Today’s prompt is “facts about you” and to make up for my abscence around here I’m going to share 30 tidbits about me. If you’ve been stopping around here for a while you might already know some of these, and if you’re new, welcome aboard!
I’ve been MIA around these parts, again. There’s no good excuse for it except that some IRL people have discovered this little piece of the web and I’ve been a little unsure of how to proceed knowing that. You see very few people in my life actually know about this blog, for a couple of reasons. I’m a bit self-conscious about my writing skills, but also, if no one knew about this thing, then I had to filter myself less. And there’s really something to be said about having a place to go and say whatever you want to say, without having to filter it, or worry about what the people in your life would think about it.
I guess I always knew this day would come, but secretly I had hoped it wouldn’t, I liked being able to be free with my words. When I was told that the IRLers were reading the things I write, I was thrown a little. Suddenly I worried about the things I’ve posted. Had I posted anything too personal that I wouldn’t want them to know? Had I ever written about them? And then I began to worry about having to be careful about the things I said in the future. I lost every ounce of creative spark I had going, and I deserted this place for a while. Trying to figure out how to proceed.
I’m slowly crawling out of the dark hole that surrounded this tiny piece of the Blogosphere, its gonna take some time I think, to get my groove back. To stop worrying what people think, and to tell them to “bite me” if they don’t like it.
So, to get things rolling around here again, I’ve resorted to my favorite lazy day post.
Eating: Nothing, and I’m starving. Forgot my lunch at home. Dammit.
|Not my current hot chocolate. Throwback to Paris. Take me back!|
Drinking: Hot chocolate, with marshmallows of course. Cause whats a non-coffee-drinker supposed to do when its super cold out? And yes, I know that 7 degrees isn’t “super cold”, but it feels that way so leave me alone.
Purchasing: Nothing, because that requires money.
Looking forward to: The weekend. Seriously. Because I’m getting out of town. This girl is headed to the cabin and going hunting. Moose…watch out. Ha!
Watching: Nothing at this very moment. Cause I’m at work. But as soon as I get home you can bet your bottom dollar that Revenge will be on my TV screen. Can’t wait. Hopefully its better than the rest of the fall premieres. Seriously, Scandal, Greys, you’ve disappointed me.
Reading: I can’t remember the last time I picked up a book. Its been months. And that’s sad. But with more weather heading this way, cause fall y’all, I’m sure I’ll be spending more time curled up on the couch with a good read.
Craving: The leftover Chinese food that’s home in my fridge. Get in my belly!
Feeling: Its a cold, wet, dreary, Monday morning. How do you think I’m feeling?
Peacing out: Because my break is over and I have work that needs to get done.
I’m happy to report that this week is going eleventy billion times better than last week, not like thats hard or anything. But I digress, you`re here for Humpday Confessions and you shall get them.
– Saturday night was Erika`s bachelorette. I didn`t start decorating until Friday night, but 98.9% of everything that needed to be done didn`t even get looked at until Saturday. My apartment was a procrastination station last week. Oops. But I pulled it all off, so thats all that matters.
– I took all of one picture of the bachelorette. Oops. Bad Blogger. You’ll understand why shortly.
– It had been 8 years since Erika, Linda, Robyn and I had partied together and Linda suggested we party like it was 2006. I decided to take it a step further and party like it was 2006 through 2014. Many beers were consumed, and yours truly drank an entire bottle of Relax Riesling, straight from the bottle in the limo. Classy as fuck.
– I woke up Sunday morning with a plethora of bruises on my legs and a few chafes on my knees with absolutely no idea how I got them. After a while it came rushing back that I had spent a good portion of the hour and half limo ride crawling around on the floor. Hope no one saw my Britney.
– There are still numerous parts of Saturday night that I don`t remember, like the ride home. Ooops. This is not typical of me…I swear.
– This biotch did not have a hangover on Sunday. Booyah! This is in no way indicative of how often or much I drink.
– I like Taylor Swift. I dance at my desk to Shake It Off on the reg. Go ahead, judge me. #DontCare
– I’m still in the process of decorating my apartment. I’ve only been living here a year and a half, cut me some slack. My bathroom is starting to come together nicely, finally has some style happening. I’m loving this print I made, and the little vase was $1.50 on clearance at Target. Win!
– I have finally filled my favorite pretty notebook with thoughts and musings and nonsense but haven’t had the time to buy a new one, so I’ve been using a Hilroy notebook that I “borrowed” from work. The boring red cover has not been cutting it, thus I have spent an unhealthy amount of time beautifying it with my doodles.
– FYI I can’t draw to save my life, yet I am a doodler. Pretty sure its hereditary, and I got it from my momma.
– I am anxiously awaiting the professional photos from Sarah’s Wedding, but mostly because I want to see the ones that I am in. #itsnotallaboutthebride #sometimesitsaboutthebridesmaid
– I slept in yesterday and was late for work. On Purpose. I was just seriously exhausted. It needed to happen. #sorrynotsorry
– Planning an event is hard y’all. Regatta Day, which I am planning with five other people, will likely be the death of me, or at least the reason I go bald or prematurely grey. I’ve wondered quite a few times lately how people survive planning their wedding. But, then I remember that you only have one person to consult about things, and one person who’s opinion matters, YOU. Unless of course you’re a “give the husband a say” type of person, which I am not. So yeah, planning a wedding might actually be okay. #bridezillainthemaking #mineistheonlyopinionthatcounts #poorfuturefiance
– I am not an animal person. I’ll probably be crucified by all of Bloglandia for saying that, but its the truth. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t wish them any harm, I’m just not a fan. I can’t deal with the drool, and the fur, and the jumping, or the bodily functions. Yuck. I do not think that all dogs are cute (just like all babies are not cute, oops). If its cute, I will say so, and if it is ugly, I won’t pretend otherwise. Animal lovers crack me up. Kissing your dog? Vomit! Buying it gifts for the holidays? Girl, you’re fucked in the head, you could have spent that money on new shoes. Having your dog as your flower girl, ring bearer, or in your wedding at all? I can’t even…I just can’t even…There are no words.
PS. If you’re animal loving freak, I hope this happens to you…
– Employees who question every.single.thing you ask them to do…Because I Fucking Said So!
It’s no secret that I love Pinterest. Its fantastical for crafts, and wedding ideas, and dreaming about clothes. But my favorite part is finding new funnies to brighten my day. And because I love being generous and giving and sharing and all that jazz, here are the ones I’m loving the most right now.
Don’t forget to check Twitter and Instagram for…
You would know that…
I am terrified of heights.
I prefer beer to all other alcoholic bevies.
I have an insanely long list of places I want to visit.
I’ve been making lists of potential baby names since I was a kid. I’ll never be able to choose a name for future bambinos.
I watch an unhealthy amount of tv.
I am extremely competitive, about everything.
I love kids and sometimes prefer them to adults.
I can hold my own in sports conversations.
I cry during the father-daughter dances at weddings. For no reason.
I’m not much of an animal person. But I do find small kitties and puppies cute.
That I hate the bags and dark circles under my eyes, so I edit them out of almost every photo before uploading them.
I do not watch scary movies. Ever. Period. I’d like to thank my friend for having Scream as the movie at the sleepover for her 12th birthday. I have yet to recover.
I am extremely shy around people I don’t know well. Which leads to them sometimes thinking I’m a huge stuck up bitch.
Don’t forget that if you want to follow along with my adventures in Paris you can find them on Twitter and Instagram.