My 21st Birthday – Yes I still own the dress in case you’re wondering.
Truth, I don’t know the last time I made a huge deal out of my birthday. The occasion is usually celebrated with a pretty low key dinner with my family, and maybe some gifts and cake. I’ve never been a big birthday celebrator. I mean, I’ve always secretly hoped that other people would make a big deal about my special day, but that hasn’t really seemed to have ever happened. So fuck em all, I’m making a big deal about me because everyone deserves one day all to themselves and everyone should celebrate the hell out of it because there will come a day when you’ll run out of time and you won’t get any more birthdays.
And since this is my blog, and I’m celebrating me this week, I give you “28 Things I’ve Learned in 28 Years”, super original I know.
1. Day old bacon tastes a lot better than day old McNuggets.
2. Finding a perfect match in foundation is basically a game of guess and check.
3. I will never be content with a life without travelling.
4. Target trumps Walmart, all day everyday. Or at least the Walmart here anyways.
5. Beer is better than everything else. But a good Riesling won’t kill you. Neither will a gin and tonic with lime on a hot day.
6. Work hard, it will pay off.
7. Accept that some people are meant to become a part of your life but aren’t mean to stay forever.
8. Friends reruns are the very best way to waste a day.
9. If you find someone that makes your whole world light up, do whatever you can to keep them
10. Heels make your ass look better than flats. Its a fact. Just make sure you can walk in them.
11. Its extremely difficult to pass up a good sale, even if you don’t need anything and will have to eat
cereal for a week if you spend any money.
12. Pay for butter on your popcorn at the movies. It tastes eleventy billion times better than the free margarine.
13. If your hair is greasy, don’t brush it. I mean it.
14. When you’re in a rush, at least toss on some mascara.
15. There is nothing more annoying that a person who is negative and complains all of the time.
16. Some things are just way more fun when they are spontaneous. Be spontaneous people.
17. Jeans do not need to be washed after every wear.
18. Target is the devil. It will suck every cent out of your bank account.
19. Pepsi will make you fat. My jeans told me so.
20. Longchamp’s Le Pliage is worth every cent.
21. Its way easier to go to the gym directly from work than it is to go after you’ve already went home.
22. Shonda Rhimes doesn’t know how to make a bad tv show.
23. I will always be a Daddy’s girl.
24. Dry shampoo = lazy girl’s best friend
25. Shopiholism is a real thing.
26. There is no such thing as having too many shoes.
27. There’s no need to make your bed every day but it feels a whole lot better sliding into a made one.
28. Men are just as confusing as women. But the right guy is a whole lot less confusing.