I’m kind of really excited about the Sephora VIB sale this weekend. I’ve never been VIB before, so I wasn’t able to take advantage of the deals.
This year though, this year, I’ve dropped enough of my hard earned cash to be eligible for the 20% discount.
I’ve got a few products I’d like to restock, and I’ve got my eye on a few things that I’ve wanted for a while, and might pick up now that I can get them a little cheaper.
MUFE Ultra HD Invisible Cover Foundation – I was looking for a good foundation for the days before and after my wedding so I picked up a few samples in store. This one was the clear winner and since I live 8 hours away from the nearest store, Megan was kind enough to deliver it all the way from Edmonton. I had really just hoped to love it enough to wear on special occasions, since its just a bit more expensive than my usual foundation choices. But, I love it so much that I wear it everyday. It does a great job of covering my uneven complexion and still not looking cakey. (I wear color 115 = R230 – Ivory.)
Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush – I wear this blush every day. And I have every single day since I discovered it. Well not really discovered, it was a Megan recommendation. I wear the color “Exposed”. Its wonderfully pigmented and a great option for both day and night. (I reviewed it here.)
NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer – Another everyday wear (and Megan recommendation, are you seeing the trend here?). I have the darkest under eyes, and this concealer does a great job of covering them. (My review here.)
Urban Decay Naked Ultimate Basics – I’ve been wanting a Naked palette forever. But I’ve never been able to justify the cost because I can’t guarantee I’d use it often enough. I don’t wear a lot of eyeshadow, mostly because I’m not great at applying it (I don’t practice enough) and because I’m not sure what looks good on me (these hooded eyes are difficult to work with). However, this palette has a pretty good range of neutral colors (which would be good for an eyeshadow newb like me) so while I’m not 100% sure I’ll be purchasing it, I’m giving it serious thought.
Amuse Bouche Mauvember – I’m a sucker for Bite Beauty lipsticks. I’m rolling the dice on this one because mauves usually look pretty good on me, and I love that half of the sales of this lipstick go to the Movember Foundation.
Give Me Some Bold Lip – I’m loving all of the colors in this kit.Kate Von D Damned is really calling my name. I have my eye on the Best Bite Redux as well. There’s just too many colors, for too good of a deal to pass them up.
Clinique Clearing Gel – My complexion has been less than awesome for the last year and a half. I haven’t found anything that has help, so I’m thinking of giving this a try. One last ditch effort before I give in and see a dermatologist.
Amuse Bouche Lipstick Duo – One more lippie. They used to call these babies Mingles. And I love them. They’re soooo many interesting color combos available, but I’m pretty sure that if I order one, it will be Opal & Jam.
Will you be taking advantage of the VIB sale? What do you plan to buy?
– Our wedding photos are supposed to take 8 – 12 weeks. We just passed the two month mark. And I’m pretty much dying for the next 4 weeks to pass so I can get my hands on them. The sneak peaks were awesome.
– My excitement over my thank you cards makes me want to do holiday cards. But that requires us getting “family photos” taken. And I’ve kinda let myself go since the wedding, and I feel fat. So maybe next year?
– Jeff and I are finally getting to work on “finishing” our basement. One room at a time. Which means that three years from now we may still be talking about it. But, first on the list, which will definitely see some real progress in the next few months, is our laundry room. You know you’re an adult when laundry rooms excite you. But basically, I’m dying to have a clean, organized (and pretty, sorry Jeff) space to sort and wash all of the things. Its not going to be the largest room, and its going to double as a mudroom so we are definitely going to have to get creative about keeping it bright, and open and still have lots of storage and function. This one from iHeartOrganizing is kind of my inspiration.
– We get maybe 10-15 trick or treaters. So Halloween isn’t really an exciting time around here. I have zero decorations up. This year I planned to get out of the house during the trick or treating and I didn’t have any candy picked up. My plans fell through so I had to ask Jeff to buy some goodies for him. I reminded him that we didn’t need much, just enough to not have to turn off all of the lights and hide when kids came up the driveway. I came home from work to find four boxes. My waistline is not impressed.
– Have you seen the new show, Pitch? If not, and you like sports even the slightest bit, or even if you don’t, you should check it out. Sooooo good.
– Thanks to this post by Karli, I decided to order our wedding thank you cards from Minted. And you guys, I’m soooo freakin’ excited for them to get here. Fingers crossed they turn out as awesome as I expect.
– I used to love when Jeff worked night shifts. It was a great time to catch up on all my girly shows, and be lazy. These days though, I’d gladly give up the shows, for evenings doing anything at all with him. Basically our love is pretty gross right
– I’m a sucker for most things plaid. I NEED to own these. Seriously, Jeff, if you’re reading this, I’ll take a pair for Christmas. Size 8.
End of ramble.