Dressed head to toe in #WinnersFabFinds. Similar shoes here.
Its 10:05 and I sat down to work at this post like 3 hours ago. And I’m just now finally typing the first words.
The thing is, I’m not really sure where to start. I’ve never really been awesome at this blogging game. But I want to be. And I psych myself out on the regular.
A lot of things have happened since my last post in July. So maybe instead of some long winded soliloquy I’ll just make a list. Lists are cool right?
– I found myself an awesome gym buddy. Meg. She rocks. And she helped whip my ass into shape. I lost a few pounds. My wedding dress fit. And then I put em all back on, indulging in all of my favorite terrible things the past 8 weeks. Here’s to getting back in the gym very soon.
– Speaking of wedding dresses. I got married. It was almost everything I had dreamed it would be. All the let downs aside, it was still the best day of my life.
– The night before our wedding, my guy gave me this Kate Spade necklace that I have been swooning over for years. Admittedly, he may have had a little help with the idea. But its the thought that counts. Thanks Megan 😉
– Jeff and I have yet to go on a honeymoon. Not because we didn’t want one or desperately need a vacation. But because Jeff’s property maintenance business was still in the heights of its busy season. And extended time away just wasn’t possible.
– We did go on a bit of a minimoon to St. John’s. It was short. But it was amazing to get out of town for a few days.
– We chose our minimoon date entirely based on when Bed Bath and Beyond would be giving us 20% off the entire store as a thank you for having our registry with them. Highly recommend it.
– Thankgiving (for us Canadians) has came and went. I had three, yes three, turkey dinners. And now I’m okay with no turkey until Christmas.
– My cousin bought a house and I helped her do some amazing renovations and turn it into a wicked vaction/short term rental.
– I went on my very first work trip. It was as great experience, but I did learn that I need to invest in a pantsuit. There is really nothing worst than sitting in a conference with a bunch of your peers feeling terribly inferior and under dressed.
– I grew tired of having limp, no volume, lifeless hair. And I decided to get a perm. (You probably know that if you follow me on Snapchat). And I walked out of the salon less $200, and with straight hair. I was not pleased. My stylist suggest trimming a few inches off to see if having less weight would put a little spring into it. 4-6 inches later, still no curl. So, there will likely be another go at the perm in the near future.
– Jeff turned 29 last week. So I got all of his friends together for a Lumberjack Bash to celebrate on Saturday. Complete with freebie decorations I found on Pinterest. Sure whoever made them intended they be used for a toddlers birthday, but that’s okay.
I feel like there’s more. But I’m drawing a blank. So, cheers to being back. Lets hope its for longer this time.