1. Wine Glasses – I’ve been swooning over these glasses for as along as I’ve been addicted to Scandal and dreaming of being Olivia Pope. Girl has serious style! I’m sure Jeff would have the stems smashed off in record time, but I’d be willing to take that risk.
– I’m generally a heels kind of girl, but I’m having a bit of a love affair with cute booties these days. I’ve been having inflammation issues in my joints recently, and heels sometimes aggravate that. I’m trying to wear flat footwear from time to time, and sacrificing style for comfort is not something I’m a fan of so great looking options are super important. I bought this pair
a few weeks ago, and I’ve had my eyes on these
– I’d take this beauty in gold or silver. I love its simple style and the idea of being able to personalize it with a special date or name.
4. Lip Pencil
– I’m kind of distraught that Bite changed their lipstick lines. I had collected a few mingles (smaller double ended sticks with a different color on each end) and planned to buy my favourite colors in full size. Now my fav shades no longer exist. But, these matte pencils seem to have a few shades similar to the ones I love. And I love Bite, so I’m not ready to give up on them yet.
5. Strappy Heels
– I know that stilettos won’t be as popular
a chunky heels this summer, but I love the look of these. I think they’d look great with a pair of ankle jeans. Plus I’m a sucker for a great pair of Steve Maddens.
– Sometimes I can’t help but be a copy cat. When I visited Megan and Garrett a few summers ago I fell in love with their cozy guest room. It was small, but packed with style. When we went to Ikea I picked up the duvet cover and sheets like she had, but sadly I couldn’t fly the bed frame back from Edmonton. I haven’t given up on owning it. If only Ikea’s shipping costs weren’t more than the price of the bed frame.
– When I went to Paris a few years ago I fell in love with a pair of Michael Kors flats at Galeries Lafayette. They were a gorgeous shade of purple and weren’t cheap. Since I had spotted them on one of the first days of my trip I wasn’t ready to commit to buying them. I wanted to wait until later in the trip when I knew I’d have enough money for them. But when we returned they were gone. I’ve never found another pair in a color I like that much, but I’m really liking these. You can’t go wrong with a great pair of black shoes.
– I’ve been dreaming of this necklace for years. Patiently awaiting the day that it would be totally appropriate to own. I love that it makes a bit of statement yet isn’t obnoxious. Can I own it in silver and gold? Hint Hint Jeffrey.
Of course this isn’t a complete list of everything I’m loving, that list could go on forever, and I don’t want to bore you. And clearly I have a thing for shoes. What are you lusting for?
Well this post was supposed to go live yesterday. Apparently saving doesn’t publish, oops.
This week. This week has been ridiculously frustrating. And I’m basically brain dead, so lets just get down to it.
2. Some days Jeff has to go to work before I do and leaves the house at least a half an hour before I even have to get up. Most days he will come back in the room, give me a quick kiss and be on his way. Its kind of adorable, I love it. Other days, like a few this week, he has come into the room to have a chat before he leaves. I love this less. Way less. Like, “please kiss me and go away now, I would like to finish snoozing. K, thanks.” I am not a morning person. Update: He did this again this morning.
1. Thursday morning I had a piece of burning wood fall out of the stove, nearly locked myself out of the house and I slipped and fell on the ice in my driveway all while I was in a mad rush because I was running late to get to my dentist appointment. I made it just in time for my appointment, only to discover that the day was in fact Wednesday. I wasn’t on time for my appointment, I was 24 hours early. And a full day more away from Friday.
3. Cross Border Pick Ups charged me $40 shipping, for a package valued at $40. Which is absolutely insane. More on that later.
4. A time sensitive package I was waiting on arrived at the UPS depot here in Corner Brook on Tuesday, but wasn’t delivered until Friday morning, because “adverse weather conditions may cause delays.” Apparently sunshine and zero precipitation for days makes parcel delivery tricky.
5. I forgot to water the beautiful flowers Jeff’s mom sent me for my birthday, and now they’re so dead. (I had a better five when I sat down to write this post, but I forgot, because I’m pretty much losing my mind.)
Don’t get me wrong it hasn’t been an entirely terrible week.But I hope yours has required less hair pulling than mine.
Yeah, another week of slacking on the blog. I’m the worst at writing posts in advance (I’m working on that, I swear) and this past week has been super busy, and mentally draining. My creative juices, they just weren’t flowing. So here I am, breaking the rules, and posting on a Saturday night. #SoSueMe
Eating – All of the chocolate. Seriously. All of it. Its ridiculous.
Drinking – Pepsi. Yeah, we’re having a healthy day around here.
Working on – So many things. But mostly. Designing invitations for a fellow bride.
Trying to – Figure out how where to hang pictures around the house. JW has been kinda on my case to get things a little more decorated around here.
Listening to – My House – Flo Rida….I’m addicted to it, and it helps that JW likes it too.
Thinking – That I’m the only person in Bloglandia that didn’t watch the Oscars last weekend. Award shows are just really not my thing. I don’t watch the Bachelor/Bachelorette either. #sorrynotsorry
Watching – Saved by the Bell – the College Years. That’s right, not Fuller House. I plan to binge watch that though. Perhaps the next time JW works night shift.
Wanting – Make up. Make up. And more make up. I’ve discovered some new brands at a couple local drugstores and I’m dying to try some of them out. Also wanting to go shopping and spend all of the gift cards I got for my birthday this past Sunday.
Considering – Buying Olaplex. Has anyone else tried it? Does it really work?
What are you currently?