I never thought I’d see the day when I’d say that I can’t wait to get my
ass back on Alberta soil. I never thought I’d miss it this much. Perhaps its because it was my home for five years and I did so much growing there. I fell in love with people, and places and food. Especially the food.
Because I’m super busy preparing for vacation and making sure all my work is up to date before I leave, I have resorted to another of my beloved listicles, not to be confused with testicles (but those aren’t so bad either in the right context).
– Sarah, Megan, Monica, Alisha and Tracey. You know the amazing ladies I’m friends with cause I chose em, not cause I grew up with them.
– Sarah’s Bachelorette. Its going to be an amazing time. Or at least it better be. And oh what a relief it will be to have it over. Planning these things from so far away has been a challenge.
– Ikea, West Edmonton Mall, South Edmonton Commons. Bring on the shopping. I can hear my momma’s credit card shwiping already.
– Taco Bell. Seriously, there isn’t a single one in Newfoundland. I feel deprived of its yumminess and cheapness. Do. Not. Judge. Me. Capeesh?
– Decorating for Sarah’s Wedding. Yeah. Thats a total lie. I wish I could snap my fingers and it would be done. But, I am happy I get to share the experience with her. I’ll let you know if I’m still happy about it after its all said and done.
– Girls nights. They’re always a shit show and its been way too long.
– Mr. Mike’s, because seriously I think I miss this place the most. They have by far the best burgers ever, and I love their stir fry, and spinach dip and calamari. And shit, I’m getting hungry just thinking about it.
– Drinks on patios. My number one favorite summery thing to do.
– Champagne. Le duh.
– And last but not least, the not having to go to work. Obviously.