For any of you who have been around here for any amount of time at all, you are very well aware that I’m going to PARIS next month, in 12 days to be exact. And I’m super excited which means there have been quite a few tweets and mentions of it in posts. Sorry, not sorry.
If you’re sick and tired of hearing about it, because you’re green with envy, then you may as well quit reading now. And I’m going to warn you, there will probably be a few more posts about it or related to it leading up to the day when I finally get on that plane. What can I say, planning and packing for trips makes for some pretty interesting blog topics. Plus, it lets me reach out to you guys for ideas and tips and things.
We booked out flights way back in January, and arranged our accommodations in the Spring, but since then we haven’t done much in the way of planning, except to make a list of the things we want to see or do while we are there.
– Visit the Eiffel Tower (le duh!)
– Visit the Louvre to see the Mona Lisa and Venus de Milo
– Visit Jim Morrison’s grave
– See Fleetwood Mac in concert
– Visit the Arc de Triomphe
– Go to Moulin Rouge
– Take a dinner cruise on the Seine
– See Notre Dame
– Visit Palace de Versailles
– Visit Vimy Ridge and Beaumont Hamel
– Have a cappuccino at Cafe de Flore
– Go to at least one designer store
– See where Hemingway lived.
– Eat an insane amount of pastries
Basically the plan is to do as much as possible while we are there, because who knows if we’ll ever get to visit again. And we probably have way more planned than we’ll ever get done, but that’s how vacation planning usually goes, isn’t it?
Have you ever been to Paris?
Do you have any ideas or tips for us? Is there anything you would recommend we do while we are there?