It’s been a hot minute since I checked in around here.
Life has been crazy. There have been a lot of ups and downs. Really high highs and terribly low lows.
The lows have sucked every ounce of inspiration out of me. But I’m trying very hard to get that back.
I got things started by changing a few things up. Like switching from Blogger to WordPress. Which was fairly simple, but I’m still working a few kinks out. I considered not posting until everything was fixed and perfect. But who knows when that will happen. So I’m just jumping back on the posting train.
Lets catch up a little shall we?
Eating – Mint Girl Guide cookies. They’re one of my favourite things about fall.
Drinking – A large glass of Cave Spring Riesling.
Watching – I’m finally giving Grace & Frankie a try and I’m really liking it so far.
Reading – I just bought All the Missing Girls by Megan Miranda. I typically don’t go for this type of book, but this kind of story is exactly the type of tv show or movie that I enjoy. So I’m looking forward to finding out if that interest carries over.
Loving – That most of my favourite shows are back. Here’s looking at you Grey’s Anatomy, Chicago Fire, How to Get Away with Murder. And I’m seriously loving Law & Order: True Crime.
Wanting to buy – This Gap dress. I just wish it was a different material. I really prefer something less sheer and a little thicker material when the weather gets cooler.
Doing – For the past few weeks I’ve been refinishing a few pieces of furniture in my living/dining room. I’ve been sharing a few updates on Snapchat and Insta Stories.
What’s been going on with you lately?
I feel like I haven’t been able to catch my balance all week. We’ve begun renovations on our basement, our entire house is covered in gyproc dust and cleaning has been futile, we’ve had company stay with us the past few nights, and at work I’ve been pulled in 100 different directions and feeling like I haven’t accomplished much. So, instead of a “What to Buy During the Sephora VIB Sale” post (VIBs get 15% off with the code VIBSPRING), here’s a bunch of random thoughts that have crossed my mind lately. You’re welcome.
|One from our honeymoon (Gulfport, Florida)
– The Tim Horton’s Drive Thru; When you order chili, why must they put the little butters in the bag with it? Its always melted when I get home.
– I read all the pregnancy posts. You would think that these things would not interest me, because I am in no way wanting to procreate any time soon. But nope, I love the bumpdates, the nursery posts, and the must have lists. Perhaps they’re preparing me for the future, but mostly I’m just educating myself on what to buy for baby showers.
– Why is writing Thank You cards so hard? I’m the worst bride ever. 7 months later, and they’re still not all out. Do not be like me. Be better than me.
– I really need to start using my slow cooker. It would help with my #goals.
– How does everyone get those nice shots from above them? I’m seriously asking. All I get is a whole lot of selfie arm.
– Why does weight loss need to be so hard? And why does it take so damn long?
– I had to go buy more hangers at Walmart again. Who knew we had so much clothes? I guess we’ve never hit Laundry Zero before. I’m such a good housewife.
– Why must Netflix create shows that are so addicting that you basically get sucked into a black hole? Here’s looking at you 13 Reasons Why.
– Why must this province have a Shop Closing Act? Seriously, it makes being productive on long weekends very difficult. I mean, everything was closed Friday and Sunday this past weekend,it makes doing a basement renovation during our days off a challenge.
– Why is my husband so resistant to doing a reclaimed lumber wall in our basement? I thought reclaimed lumber was the dream of all rugged men.
– How can I get paid to vacation? Because our honeymoon was freaking awesome.
Okay, so I’ll definitely be ordering my favourite foundation during the sale. But, that’s probably all, because budget. What’s on your mind lately?
This post may contain affiliate links.